2020 Mental Health Symposium
Time & Location
About The Event
CLICK HERE to see the day's agenda and other important information.
Emergency departments across the state of Kansas are seeing an increase of patients with behavioral health and addiction issues. A report by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality found that the ED visit rate for behavioral health/addiction diagnosis increased 44% between 2006 to 2014. Emergency departments across the country are creating task forces to establish guidelines to efficiently manage the complex dual diagnosis.
This course is designed to promote awareness and open dialogue between various resources throughout the state of Kansas to assist hospitals in the management of the behavioral health/addicted patient population.
- DATE: Friday, November 6
- TIME: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Broadcast via Webinar
- COST: $100 if registered by October 28, 2020; $110 thereafter
- REGISTER: www.eeds.com/live/670162
- CONTACT: University of Kansas Medical Center Area Health Education Center West at (785) 628-6128.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Physicians, Advance Practice Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Medial Social Workers and other interested healthcare professionals- Earn up to 9 hours of Continuing Education Credit
LiveWell Northwest Kansas is a proud partner in the planning of the 2020 Mental Health Symposium. This program is sponsored by the University of Kansas Medical Center Office of Continuing Medical Education and Professional Development, and the University of Kansas Medical Center Area Health Education Center.